Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Gold of Italy

I can honestly say I am almost done with the Italian Ren. I still have the sleeves to put together and the underskit to hem and attach but I have to say it's turning out beautiful. Sorry Jen, I had already cut the gold when you posted! ;)

Needless to say with the red highlights I am adding (ie. trim and sleeves) it looks stunning. I just hope the finally fitting fits! The good news is that there is plenty of the gold fabric left to remake the bodice with if it doesn't. The skirts are adjustable enough to not need re-sizing and or cutting.

Once the dress is done I can move on to the cloak, which is considerably less time consuming believe it or not. I have lining to do on my buddy Tom's cloak still and to cut, line and sew my friend Beverly's cloak in addition to Jen's. I think I am going to be taking tomorro and Monday off from work too. Too much sewing to do! :)

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Mara Jen said...

You'll get no complaints from me. It's freaking gorgeous.

I'm lucky to have you as a seamstress, and luckier to have you as a friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home